Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Early Valentine's Day Dinner

Hello all,

Recently, I celebrated Valentine's Day with my boyfriend. My nice (attempt at) dinner and a movie. The Salmon (recipe here) was interesting. Because I made more than the recipe required, I wasn't sure how much of everything I should add of everything else. Overall, I believe I added too much wine and not enough oranges/lemons. Some more dill and sundried tomatoes would also have helped. It was mostly wine and fish.
The potatoes (recipe here) turned out better. Maybe more seasoning but definitely better than the fish.
For desert, actually we ate this for lunch because we couldn't wait, we had a caramel custard, or flan. I didn't make it from scratch because last time it came out too sweet. Next time I hope not to make it out of the box since I found a different recipe.
The movie we saw was Universal Soldier: Regeneration. A film that makes you think about future wars but it really wasn't too interesting and at one point was just funny. Not the typical Valentine's Day movie for some, I understand, but not horribly bad.

Overall, with a side of veggies and tortillas, everything was good, at least edible. Nobody died or required some Pepto Bismol. And the film, couple with wine, helped me sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment